All MayaHandmade jewelry is made out of metal wire. We use fine silver (999 silver), 980 silver, sterling silver (925 silver) and golden bronze (rich low brass) wire.
All Mayahandmade jewelry is made out of metal wire. We use fine silver (999 silver), 980 silver, sterling silver (925 silver) and golden bronze (rich low brass) wire. Both, 980 and 925 silver are alloy of silver and copper. 980 silver has 98% of silver and 2 % of copper; sterling silver has 92,5% of silver and 7,5% of copper.
Other jewelry components are made out of plated 925 silver (gold plated, rose gold plated), gold filled or rose gold filled, brass.
We use titanium grade 1 for some of our pierced earrings, which is surgical grade. It is not an alloy and it is specially acid cleaned and certified to meet ASTM standards for surgical implant applications (ASTM-F67 rating which is: Standard Specification for Unalloyed Titanium, for Surgical Implant Applications (UNS R50250, UNS R50400, UNS R50550, UNS R50700).
All jewelry is oxidized and polished to get dark patina and give all pieces deep vintage touch. As far as metal is concerned, tarnish and patina are not the same thing. Patina is a gorgeous, mellow, lustrous finish that should be prized. In contrast tarnish is best understood as a dull film over the metal and it does not necessarily coat the surface of a piece evenly. We use best preservation agents available on market which will protect your jewelry, prevent tarnishing and discoloration over time.
Jewelry Care Guide
- Treat pieces with care, store them in a moist free jewelry box or a bag.
- Remove your jewelry before taking shower or bath.
- You can clean your jewelry and polish it time to time. Make warm soap bath, dip your jewelry in it and use soft brush for scrubbing.
- Do not soak any of these stones: pearl, opal, lapis lazuli.
- Use polishing cloth, piece of leather or flannel fabric to get back its shine.
- Do not polish enameled jewelry, only clean in soap bath and use warm soft brush.
How to wear
Ear Cuffs & Ear Wraps